7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Grades 1-8 classes begin Monday August 25.
Elementary Schools 8:30AM - 11:45AM
Gurrie: 8:15AM - 12:00PM
- Kindergarten classes begin Wednesday August 27.
- PreSchool for All classes begin Wednesday August 27.
- Early Learning classes begin Wednesday August 27.
- Early Childhood classes begin Wednesday September 3.
- Headstart classes begin Tuesday September 9.
Our new Activity Calendar for 2014-15 is now available online by clicking here. Elementary students will be bringing home the calendars in their weekly folders. Gurrie families will be receiving their calendars at Curriculum Night on September 3rd. Our Activity Calendar is now posted online under the "Calendar" tab.
Haga clic aquí par a la encuesta en español.
For more information on Comcast Internet Essentials and to apply, click HERE
- Please be sure that your child has a good night’s sleep prior to the test date.
- Make sure that your child eats a nutritious breakfast. There is research evidence that a breakfast that included protein improves performance.
- Provide a nutritious snack on testing days.
- Please help your child be on time each day: Be Here & Ready. Testing will start for many grade levels right after our morning assembly. Your child will not be able to enter the classroom once the testing has started.
- Attendance is important throughout the two weeks of testing; however, do not send a sick child to school.
As a school, we have determined that a more consistent way to help students monitor their behavior across all areas of the building was needed. We have decided to adopt The Clip System. This system has been utilized by several school districts and has shown to be an effective way to monitor student behavior and improve communication.
Ideal Elementary School embraces the philosophy, teaching, and social practices of the Responsive Classroom Model. Responsive Classroom is an evidence and researched-based approach to education that assists teachers as they engage their students in academics, create effective and safe learning environments, and build sincere, kind and supportive learning communities. Although many facets to Responsive Classroom exist, one foundational piece is establishing learning environments that are calm and orderly and that stress the importance of student focus and autonomy. With this key principle in mind, Ideal Elementary has developed clear and consistent social expectations for the common areas of our building. All students have been taught these expectations and are practicing good decision making each day. We sincerely appreciate your help as we build our positive, rigorous, and successful learning community for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Ideal Elementary School Staff
For more information regarding the Responsive Classroom approach, please visit its website:
Click here to visit our District Curriculum Page. This page contains information about Common Core, instructional materials, specific grade level learning goals, curriculum renewal cycles, student performance data, and parent resources for each curricular area. We are proud to serve the children of School District 105.